Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentines Day Cards -- 2013 Edition

Hey all, it's been awhile since I've posted on here.  Don't ask me what I've been doing because I can't even tell you to be honest.  And whatever it was, I don't really feel like I have anything to show for it.  BUT, I did manage to squeeze out some time over the past week or so to make my valentine cards.  I do try and make cards for all the major holidays, and birthdays (although, I'll admit, I've REALLY been slacking on the bday cards...), but I'm really serious about getting back on track.

I just need to learn some serious time management skills...

Anyways, here are the cards that I made this year and sent out to my friends.  I hope they enjoy them!  I honestly was not really inspired by the product that I saw in the store this year.  The lines that the stores around me were carrying were just not that exciting, or they were the same exact stuff as last year...boring!  So, because I'm a classic overbuyer of materials, I had plenty to work with this year even though I had nothing significantly new that I purchased.  The only new item was some American Crafts foam letter stickers.  I have always admired these and really wanted to have an excuse to use them.  You can see how I integrated them on the "Sweet" and "Love" card in the top photo.  All of my stamps are from a variety of sources, as is the decorative paper.  If you have any questions about where I picked something up, please do ask and I will be sure to share my secrets...

I ended up making 8 different designs, so I had to split it into 2 pictures.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment