Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Felting

In my quest to fulfill my challenge to myself, here is today's creation.  Not too long ago, a friend brought to my attention the art of needle felting.  I of course decided to say, what the heck, I'll try it, and have made a couple of little practice attempts at the technique.  It's been a bit since I've done some felting, so I decided that's what today's creations would be about.


The flower on the left was directly inspired by a card creation I just saw in the most recent issue of PaperCrafts magazine.  I would have to say that it's a pretty sad attempt at a flower, I realized what I did wrong with the technique of course AFTER I was almost done sewing everything up of course.  Ah well, I can try it again next time right?  The heart on the right is my first in a series of heart pendants I think I'd like to do.  It's a needle felted red heart with a lavender "rope" around it. (can't think of a better descriptive word right now...)  As I mentioned, I plan on making it into a pendant, so I've included a silver headpin that will be used as the attachment to the chain eventually.  Thoughts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment