Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Holiday Fun with Paper Clay

In an effort to find some easy to do crafts for kids to make, I tried my hand at working with some paper clay.  A friend at work let me look at a magazine she had that had an example of the snowman on the right.  I went ahead and tried my own version and then I decided why not try a pumpkin as well because as you may have figured out, I heart anything Halloween related.  I worked pretty closely with the instructions the magazine had for the snowman and it turned alright.  Next time I make it, I would use a stronger wire for the loop if it is to actually be hung up as an ornament.  Couldn't find my good wire as everything is packed up in the basement (which I will use the lack of good lighting as my excuse for the not so great quality of the photo as well because I'm not in my regular spot and my lights are also packed up...), but when I dig everything out again I will give it another shot.

I already have plans to make some more pumpkins, definitely designed with a flatter bottom as I wasn't thinking about that aspect as I made this one and it tends to roll a little bit.  I'm going to try some different shapes, faces and finishes, so we'll see what comes out of it.  I'll be sure to post the results!

1 comment:

  1. Love these, and I can't get enough of pumpkins, so do share more. :)

    I stopped by via Kimberly's Halloween tag swap ... so much fun.

    Much love,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete