Sunday, September 23, 2012

Halloween Hanger

For the month of September, I'm hosting the COF swap and I of course picked Fall/Halloween as my theme, as I do every year!  And as I will for every year that I get to host this month for the years to come!  :)  ANYWAYS... I really am in love with the new stamps from Inkadinkado that I got for this year's images, so I of course used them for this swap as well.  This image, the Madam Fortune, is what gave me this idea for what I created for COF.  I went with a square format this time and because I've been really liking the crepe paper (thanks Caroline for calling my attention to it!), I used it again, but really jazzed things up.  Used my copic markers (which I LOVE!) to add some subtle color to the stamped image and then I rimmed the crepe circle I created with some of my new favorite Martha Stewart Glitter paint in Peridot.  I attached all of this to a piece of chipboard painted black with a layer of Obsidian glitter paint (MS as well).  And because I decided I wanted to make this into an easily hang-able piece of art, I had an excuse to buy a new tool that easily punches through heavier materials.  See, totally justified...!;)  Can't wait to send these out to everyone! (also can't wait to get my permanent spot set up so I can have much better lighting for pictures! sigh...)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Monica she is GrEaT!!! Love all the glitter.

    Hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOTALLY justified. teehee I know the feeling well. You've done a great job here, Monica. I love all the details and the way you include all of the items you used which helps us creative types a lot.

    I stopped by to say THANK YOU for the lovely tag. I won't take the OLD HAG snake oil personally. hahahaha It put an instant smile on my face. Wasn't Kim's swap fun? I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping she'll do another for the holidays, and if you hear of any, come and get me at the shop.
    Thank you again.
    XOXO's,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marcia,

      Thanks so much for the kind words! I really did enjoy Kim's swap and I had a lot of fun creating the pieces. I too hope she will have a holiday one and if so, I hope I'll be able to join on in! Love your blog. The one balloon picture of the Vladimir Kush art is an example that I have shown to my students before. His stuff is great! :)Monica

      Delete