Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Altered TP Roll Swap

April's theme for the COF swap is hosted by Jess and is an altered TP roll theme.  I have been seeing ideas for altered TP rolls while perusing Pinterest, and was excited to join in on the swap this month.  I liked the idea of it so well, that if I have/had time I plan/planned to make two separate pieces.  This one that I'm sharing a picture of is my first piece (my second is still under construction).  Like is so often the case with me, I had to sit and think for awhile about what exactly it is that I wanted to do, I knew I wanted to cut it up in some way, but beyond that I didn't really know.  Recently however, I bought a digital collage sheet from Alpha Stamps of Vegas girls, and BAM, figured it out.  I made my version of a vegas showgirl reference.  It also gave me an excuse to buy some feathers, which I don't use often enough!  I went with a complementary theme so there would be extra punch and then some glitter that I  created by mixing three different shades I own.  Some embellishments, and fussy cutting the image and voila!  Here she is!  Now on to the second one I plan on doing, I only have a few days left to get them out the door!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgious! LOve love love the blue feathers and how you cut the roll to look like a firecracker popping! You outdid yourself girl!

    Hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. This rocks! I cannot wait to see the others you create!

    ReplyDelete